Oct 18, 2010

Spooky Halloween Cards

This is my favorite time of the year!  I love the feel of fall and LOVE Halloween.  It is soo much fun.  I really miss living in town and seeing all of the little goblins trick-or-treating.  I usually dress up and go with my grandchildren.

I made a couple of Halloween cards.  The first one is a very simple card.  I scraplifted the idea for this card off of the internet.  Mine isn't exactly like the one I saw but very close. This is a very easy card so it was great for multiples to send to all my family members.   I cut out the Headless Horseman image from my new Cricut cartridge "Happy Hauntings"  I love it! This is a really cool cartridge.  The card is made with black cs and then I took a piece of Martha Stewart crackled paper which I got from one of her Halloween paper stacks.  I cut it to fit just inside the front of my card and then used my Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper to cut the corners out.  I then just glued the Headless Horseman image on top and added a red jewel for the horses' eye.



The second card could use a little more work but the concept is good.  I decided it was too much work to make multiples of.  I wanted to try it on an orange cs, with some black Glimmer Mist.... I just ran out of that precious thing called time.  haha.




I cut out the gate and the black ivy from my Cricut cartridge called "October 31st".  I then used a stamp for the skull which I stamped and embossed with white embossing powerder.  I even gave him a gold tooth. hee hee.

When I glued the gate onto the cs, I only glued the sides so it would move and give it a cool 3D effect.  I used black stickles on the black ivy and also on the inside of the skeleton eyes.  I cut the bats out with a paper punch and used Diamond Glaze on them.  I attached them to the card with pop dots.

Well I hope that gives you a couple of ideas for making some cards for this Halloween.  Have fun trick-or-treating!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment