Nov 30, 2010

Birthday Thank You

I recently celebrated a birthday.  It was one of the best I've had.  My kids and their  families all came and spent the afternoon, cooked my dinner and even cleaned the kitchen afterward.  I enjoyed visiting with them more than they probably know. I worked on a few different variations for my cards. I just couldn't stand to do them all the same... I had to mix it up a bit.  I have shown those cards below.  Also read at the bottom for some great links I recently came across.



This card was done using a 7 Gypsies stamp set and my Fiskars Stamp Press which allows me to make multiple cards very easily.  I love this stamp press!  I used a brown ink pad for this card and some pastel blue to lightly color in the butterfly to match the blue cardstock used.

This next card was made using a Spellbinder die. 

I was happy with the outcome and love the Spellbinders but I will say this card was a little work as I had to make multiple cuts.  I think it was worth it in the end but wouldn't want to make multiples of this card!

Have you purchased a Cricut Gypsy yet?  I have and I love it.  It is so nice to use without dragging out the cartridges every time I want to cut something.  I was given the following link that gives you free PDF downloads so you can print the images shown in the booklets.  The link is HERE.  I printed all of the booklet pages for each of my cartridges and put them in a big 3 ring binder for easy reference.  It was a lot of work but I love it.

One other site found to help us stay organized was the  Ranger site.  They have charts to use for Stickles.  There are three charts.  One for regular Stickles, One for Distressed Stickles and one for Liquid Pearls.  The link to get these charts are HERE.



Hope you have a wonderful day


No comments:

Post a Comment