Dec 7, 2010

Cha Cha Cha!

I just finished knitting a "Cha Cha Scarf".  I wanted to share this with you because it was so easy.  I bought the yarn at Urban Arts and Crafts however I've seen it on line everywhere.  I have also found awesome instructional video of how to make the scarf on Youtube. I will put the video below.  I know this scarf looks like it would be hard to make but it is very easy.  The yarn actually makes the ruffle, even a beginner can do this scarf.  Urban Arts and Crafts gave me a small sheet with directions but you can also find them on line but it is really just using the "knit" stitch over and over.



The yarn used to make the scarf is a little pricey.  I don't remember exactly what I paid but I think it was somewhere in the area of $28.00.  Like I mentioned above, you just use the "knit" stitch.  That's it!  If you don't know how to do the "knit" stitch you can find directions on line or watch the video below.  I also find that you can get someone to help in yarn specialty stores and they are usually more than happy to help.

I started by casting on 12 stitches but I've seen various directions, some using 15.  You could really use as many stitches as you want to get to the desired width of the sccarf.  One skein of yarn is needed is used so when determining how many stitches to start with, I wouldn't make it too wide though or your scarf would be shorter.

This scarf works up really quickly and would make an awesome gift. Nothing says love like a homemade gift.  Anyone can BUY a scarf but it really means something if someone takes the time to make it.  I hope you give it a try!
Urban Arts and Crafts website is Here..  Instructional video are also below on the left side of my blog.  If you make a scarf please send me your pictures so I can put them on my blog.



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment