Jan 14, 2011

Kraftin Kimmie Birthday Card

My wonderful, beautiful and crafty Mom is having a birthday next week.  I have created a card for her that I think she will really enjoy, as she loves to sew.  I had surgery last week and knew I would be out of commission so I am ready for once... with the card anyway.... struggling with the gift... hmmm.

Well when I saw this stamp from Kraftin Kimmie I knew I had to have it for my Mother.  She makes cards as well and has a lot of friends who sew and quilt sooooo I think the stamp will be part of her gift then she can make wonderful cards to share with her crafty friends.  This stamp is called "Mona the Seamstress".







I knew I had to add some real stitching to this card and then added some buttons to go along with the theme.  I didn't really want to add too much, as the back ground is pretty busy.  I made her eyes blue (just like my Mom) and added some eyelashes (just because a girl's crafty doesn't mean she can't be cute!)  haha.  I can't wait for her to get this card. I hope she loves it as much as I loved making it for her.

Happy Birthday Mom. I love you.  

I can't really do much right now with orders from my doc so I think I might find an image to color and use for "thank you's" for all the wonderful friends and amily who have been so extremely nice to me while I've been down and out.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, love the colours and the cute image.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery and make sure you rest like your doctor ordered.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete