Sep 27, 2011

Happy Monday! ............... although by the time you read this it will be Tuesday lol!  It is getting late and my plan is to get up and try to run in the morning, so I will make this post a short one.

I have been super busy trying to get things ready for Winter.  I took a couple of days off last week to paint some of the trim on the house and get the Fall and Halloween decorations out of the attic.  I DID get some of the painting done and I DID get the decorations out of the attic (but that's as far as I got with that project).  I spent the first morning of my day off trying to cage a cat!  It was time for her annual shots.  I tried for probably and hour and a half to get that bleepity bleepin' cat into the pet carrier.  Finally it was time to leave for our appointment and I was at the end of my rope.  I just picked her up and put her in the car with me.  It was quite a ride!  Lets just say she does NOT like riding in the car!  Anyway, shots are done and we all lived but that was in question for a while there.

I attended a class this weekend by Suzanne J Dean.  What a treat!  Suzanne's You Tube video's are what got me hooked on Copic Markers.  She is so talented and such a sweet lady.  The class was awesome and I felt like I really learned a lot about techniques. It was a great class and I hope she comes back to KC some day so I can take one of her classes again If you like to make cards or even use markers for scrapbooking I would suggest you check out some of her video's.. The card below was created for my Daughter-In-Law's birthday.  Now this card was done BEFORE my class so if you see any boo boo's don't blame Suzanne!  I tried to make this card look a little vintage.  The image is a digi stamp by Sassy Chery's.  I have several of their images and if you look at some of my older posts you can find them.

The stitching done on the red and white polka dot paper was done with the Sew Easy tool by We R Memory Makers.  This was my first attempt at using this tool.  I've always used my sewing machine in the past but wanted to try this new gadget out.  I will need to try it a few more times to give you an honest opinion so I'll let you know what I think of it at a later date.

Well it's off to sleep for me because that 5:00 a.m. run comes around real quick.

Have a great day!

Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment