Oct 29, 2012

Halloween Treat Bags

Halloween is almost here!
Fall is my favorite time of year and I do love Halloween.  I love everything about it.  The crisp cool air that we get this time of year, the smell of pumpkin, candy, costumes, and all of the little trick-or-treaters.   I made treat bags for the grandkids using some inspiration from a couple of areas on the web. These were made an average brown paper bag and a few embellishments which I have elaborated on below.

 For the mummy I simply cut strips of white copy paper and glued them across the front of the bag.  I folded the top of the bag over and stapled with one small staple ( I used my Tim Holz staple gun). I glued googly eyes over the staple to hide it and then glued two additional strips across the top of the bag which cover just the tip top of his eyes to appear that he is peeking through.

For the witch bag, I cut out the witch shoes on my Cricut machine using the Happy Hauntings cartridge.  I then just cut out (freehand) the stockings and skirt from some paper I had in a paper stack by s.e.i called eerie alley.  I embellished with some hemming lace and a button was used to cover up the staple that holds the flap down.

I think you could really get fancy with these bags if you so choose but as for me, I didn't want to spend all day on them because I know the kiddos are just going to rip into them for the goodies.  Hope this inspires you to do something crafty today.


Jerri




No comments:

Post a Comment