Nov 23, 2013

A Christmas Card Made With Love and Copic Markers

So this week I tried my hand and creating a Copic video.  I am not a professional but I do LOVE to color with my markers so I decided to give it a shot.  While it  isn't perfect, I thought it turned out pretty good. So here is the card and I have also linked the video below.
It's another easel card.  I used a Tim Holtz tree branch stamp. I  stamped it up the side of my card over and over again at various angles to resemble a tree. I stamped it on both the front of my card and the inside so that when it is standing in the "easel" position it resembles one big tree.  I stamped it using Distress Ink in "Peeled Paint" for the branches.  As for the digi stamp.... I have had this digital image for a while now. It is from one of my favorite sites...   Mo's Digital Pencil.   I have always loved this stamp so I thought I would make a few cards with it this holiday season. 

Here is a closeup of the image.


You can't really see it in the photo but I painted on a little bit of Glimmer on the white background to resemble snow around the images.  It gave it just enough sparkle without going overboard.  I also used my gold Spica Pen to draw in some sparkle on the tree branches.  And I used some Stickles to make a few subtle sparkle dots on the tree as well.  

I also worked on a video while making this card.  I am obsessed with You tube video's.  I could watch them all day long, especially those pertaining to art, drawing etc.  Unfortunately we live in the country and my data plan doesn't allow me to partake in that kind of "time wasting" activity.... So I find other ways to waste my time ha ha. 

ere is my video.  I hope you enjoy it. I loved doing it and plan on making more in the future.  If for some reason you aren't able to get the link here on my blog you can go to my channel on You tube and check it out there. Tell me what you think.  


 
Well that's it for now.  I am on my way to the store to purchase a bird for the big day.  Wish me luck I bet its a real jungle out there!


Have a great day



No comments:

Post a Comment