Mar 10, 2014

Challenge Winner And A Few Ideas for Re-Purposing

Well I didn't have a chance to create any cards over the weekend. We had grand babies all weekend and loved every minute of it. I did come up with a couple tips to share for re-purposing jars into craft storage.

I found some candles at Wal-mart that are from the Better Homes and Gardens line.  They have a really cool lid and the candles are cheap ($5.00 in my area).  They don't burn quite as good as some of the more expensive candles but to me they were fine.  Like I said, they are cheap and something else I love about them, they have an "easy peel" label.  You can just peel it right off! Why can't ALL labels be easily peeled off.


Also an Archer Farms spice jar seemed like another great way to store my smaller craft items. It's actually nicer than the smaller plastic jars I had purchased at Michaels. I used a straight edge razor to peel this label off but it came off nicely.

One other bit of news.  My card posted on March 1st labeled Simple Country Card  was chosen as the challenge winner at  A Day for Daisies!!  I really appreciate the honor. As winner I get to pick four free digi's from their shop.  I can't wait to get my beautiful images so I can create wonderful cards with them. A great big thanks to those who chose my card as winner.

Here is my winning badge. It will be proudly displayed on my blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment