Apr 25, 2014

16th Birthday Card

Hey Hey it's Friday! It's going to be a beautiful day so I thought I would do a quick post on a birthday card I created.  I believe I told you in a previous post that I now have a Silhouette Cameo.  I LOVE it.  I am still trying to figure out how to use it. I just haven't been able to spend much time with it yet.  It can really do some AMAZING things and I cannot wait to figure out how it all works.
My Granddaughter Lilee is turning 16 and I created this card for her. Some of the elements in this card were things that I did while playing around on my Silhouette.


 A couple of things I used my Silhouette for- First the flags.  I was really impressed with the quality of the really tiny cuts!  I actually think the flags were a tad too big for the card but I made it work.  Now the thing I was really excited about is the digital image.  I was able to print out my digital image and then put it in my Silhouette and cut around it perfectly.   LOVE IT!  NO more tedious cutting around images with scissors. 
So to make this card I used a digital image by Dilly Beans.  I actually think the flower was a freebie.  Either way... she has really cool images. You can check them out HERE.
I colored the flower with Copic markers YR07, YR04, YR02, YR000, YG05, YG03, YG00,B97. I used my white Sharpie pen to make dots in the center of the flower.  The paper was from stack made by DCWV called Cotton Bloom Stack.
I will be making a coordinating envelope with my Envelope Punch Board and hope to post a video on that tomorrow.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment