Apr 7, 2014

Easter Cookies and a Dilly Beans Challenge Card

Well things are crazy busy so all is normal!  I finally did it.  I finally grew my hair long enough to donate.  I will have to update my profile picture sometime when I figure out how to fix short hair again, Ha!  I was able to donate 11inches to Locks of Love. I liked having long hair but having it short again is really nice and low maintenance.
Well today I got a couple of things accomplished!  It was a pretty nice day outside but I had already made my sugar cookies and they needed decorated soooo.... here are the fruits or uh hem, cookies of my labor.

The cookie carrot design I had seen on a Pinterest board and thought it was adorable. I would love to give credit where credit is due but it was one of those frustrating pins that just bring up a picture and not a link.
I was also able to get a card done for my nieces upcoming birthday.  Woo hoo what do ya know I'm ahead of the game this month!
This image is from Dilly Beans and will be entered into their FLOWERFUL challenge. You can click on the link HERE to check out their challenge and the adorable images. The paper used is from a paper stack by DCWV called Street Lace.  I actually colored this very closely to the image I had seen on her blog because I was intrigued with how the eyes were colored.  I need practice for sure. I love the way she colored her images and I think I will try this image out again using colored pencils.  I had a hard time getting my copics into the tiny spaces of her eye.
Well I hope everyone has a great day.

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining in at Dilly Beans this time - Good Luck- Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love the dramatic colors. Fabulous easel card and your cookies look yummy! Congrats on your donation. Short hair is liberating. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. xxD

    ReplyDelete