May 10, 2014

Hey Mom! Spoiler alert... It's a Mothers Day Card

Mom, if your reading this close your email immediately! Ha Ha.  I know you won't.  I hope everyone has a great Mothers Day tomorrow.  I am seeing part of my kids tonight at my granddaughters birthday party. Tomorrow I want to get my scheduled run in.  I am training for a 10k and am on the schedule for 4 miles. I just want the weather to hold out because I would much rather do it outside than in the gym.  After that I plan on going to my moms and hanging out with her and then will probably meet up with my daughter and hang out with them too.  Sounds like a full day for sure, but any day with family is a good one in my book.

Before I start talking about the card I want to apologize that I didn't get the video done on the envelope board that I mentioned in my last post.  I have been having technical difficulties.  I'm not sure why, but not everyone is getting my blog posts.  Hopefully this one distributes properly. Once I get it up and running correctly I will get a video in for the envelope board.

Here is a Mothers Day card using an image from one of my favorite artists. This image is from Mo's Digital Pencil.  This image is called Imke and Mama.  I just love this image!  It reminds me of my mom and her love of gardening. I love the way the little girl is looking up to her mom with such admiration.  It really does take me back and remind me of a time when I was little with my mom working in the garden. I really had fun coloring this image.




 I apologize as I couldn't find my list of markers used for this card.  I am pretty bad about that.  I used A LOT for this card though.  I am pretty confident I used skin combo E000, E00, E11, E21.  I used a handmade stencil and chalk for the clouds and sky background. If anyone would like directions on how to do this let me know and I will post a quick tutorial.

I am entering this card in the Love to Create Challenge #114

Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Great job coloring this beautiful image. Thank you for joining our Say it with Flowers Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, lovely image.

    Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Trick or Treaters

Hello!  Happy Thursday.  As mentioned in yesterday's post, I wanted to share the other two cards I created using the shadow techniq...