Jun 12, 2014

Graduation Card

Due to a tornado that recently struck our little town, I have been running a bit behind on my cards and other tid bits I do. I don't live in the town itself, we live about 2 miles outside of town.  Our house had just a few shingles blown off.  3 of our trees were blown over and just basic wind damage to flower pots and so forth.  My daughter lives in town and her house received moderate to heavy damage. She had a window blown out, heavy damage to her metal roof and siding.  Thankfully all are safe and that is the important thing. 80% of the town was affected by the storm.  People have really banded together to get this town back into shape.  It will still be a long time before things are back to "normal" if that's even possible after such a storm but it has been very heartwarming to see the kindness and generosity shown to the community from outside towns and even the help given to one another from within the town itself.  The school where my grandchildren go was heavily damaged.  Summer vacation started immediately!  As some of you know, I watch my grandchildren so when their break begins when mine ends.... haha.  Anyway, I just haven't gotten my cards up to date yet.  Today I am sharing a card I made for a beautiful young gal who lives down the road from us. She recently graduated. 
This digital stamp is from Tiddly Inks. The name of the image is Annie's Diploma. I thought this image was a little challenging, at least for me, because the school colors are black and gold.  I don't use a lot of black in my cards. In my experience "black" can be a challenge to shade properly so it doesn't look "gray". I thought I pulled it off on this card though.  ( Is it spelled GRAY or GREY???  I have always heard that in America it is GRAY and in England it is GREY.  I don't know if that is true or not??? hmmm things to ponder.  I may have to investigate this but I have a lot of other things that need to be done before investigating the proper spelling of a color. )
The photo of this card was taken at an angle so the ribbon looks crooked but it is actually straight.  You'll just have to take my word for it! 
Well that's it for today. I hope you have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment