Jul 18, 2014

Who knew toilet paper could be so interesting!

Well today's post is a little off the beaten path for me.  Not that it isn't normal to see me comparison shopping, price matching etc.  I just haven't really discussed it on my blog before.
Today I ran across a post from a blogger who gave some great information on how we should be comparison shopping on Toilet Paper.  I have a favorite brand and usually don't stray on this item. If I find a coupon or a sale on my brand I take advantage of it but that's about as far as it goes.  After reading the post on the Happy Money Saver blog  I think I may need to re-think my strategy and get out of my uh hem... comfort zone to check out some of the other brands... just to see if I can get a better deal.


I am an avid believer in checking the price of something before you buy it.  Now I don't go EXTREME like you see on some shows but I do check a few of the local grocery store ads on Thursday or Friday.  I sit down with my old fashioned paper and pencil and jot down a few of the really great deals I see (only on products I normally use), and I will make sure to take advantage of the deal and even throw a few extra in my cart if the price is really good.
I am also a very firm believer in researching reviews of products on bigger purchases.  This has rarely led me astray.  I love to go on Amazon or really just about any website now, and check out the customer reviews.  I have done so on Vacuum cleaners, light fixtures, crafting supplies and yes even on my most recent purchase of a toilet.
To be really honest I don't use coupons all that much.  I live so darn far out in the country that I can't get a newspaper to deliver.  I have tried printing them from the coupon websites but the last time I did that I ended up with a virus.  I WILL NOT do that again. I am sure most of these sites are safe, I just don't want to take any chances after already having a bad experience.
Click on the link above to check out the post on Toilet Paper and all of the other great money saving tips. Her blog seems to have a little of everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishing Days

Today I was clearing through some things and getting some of my pictures in order.  I came across a card I had made back in March for my son...