Mar 31, 2015

Getting Spring Into Your Home For Less

You don't have to spend a ton of money to get a fresh new look for Spring.  I have been a busy bee lately.  I was so tired of the dark colors in my living room and wanted to lighten it up a bit but I didn't want to spend a ton of money doing it.

I thought I would share some of the cheap things I did. I am no interior designer but we love the change.  Maybe we love it JUST BECAUSE it's a CHANGE. Either way, I hope I will inspire you to believe that even a few small changes can make a BIG difference.

I bought cheap curtain panels ( at Walmart believe it or not).  I think they were only about $13.00 for two panels... I needed six but still pretty cheap and a big bang for the buck.
 I bought about $4.00 in fabric and made a bunny pillow. I used my Silhouette to cut out the bunny shape.  OK. So there are a few puckers, the pillow isn't perfect because sewing is a skill I have never mastered.  It still looks fine to me and will (hopefully) make it until Easter. 
I spray painted a BUNCH of things white.  Lanterns, picture frames etc.,  cheap cheap. My daughter says I am crazy with spray paint (I am! lol) but you can change the color of anything without having to buy new. These lanterns were black.
I made a quick simple wreath for about $25.00.  It literally took me 10 min. to throw this together. I bought the supplies at Michaels and used a little hot glue to hold the stems in place.
a few little details.......
 and I'm pretty happy with the end result.


Here is a before shot of the dark curtains.



  

I liked it before too but a change is always nice.

have a great day.  Come back tomorow to join me in a blog hop for Technique Junkies.  You will get to see a ton of great card inspirations and check out their new stamps being released.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishing Days

Today I was clearing through some things and getting some of my pictures in order.  I came across a card I had made back in March for my son...