Apr 28, 2015

A Quick Card- Just Because!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Wow the sun is shining here and it's a beautiful day.  From what I hear it is supposed to only get prettier this week. I think Spring has finally arrived.

Today I thought I would share a quick card I made..... just because.  I didn't make it for any specific reason other than the fact that I ran across this stamp the other day.  I have had this stamp set FOREVAH!... (like years)... shhhhh.  I seem to accumulate things and then forget about them. In my craft room any way.  Do you do that?  Any way I ran into this cute little stamp set and it seems so "Springy" just like the beautiful day we're having in Missouri. I wanted to see what it looked like colored up so here you go....
It's a pretty cute little stamp set.  I just did a quick little card with nothing fancy, just some basic coloring with my Copics. First I stamped the card in black and then used clear embossing powder which made for quick and easy coloring.  I usually do it this way, rather than using black embossing powder.  You may be neater than I am, I tend to make a mess with the black.  Also I feel safer using the clear powder with my Copics. I believe I was told that the black would smear.  I also used my chalks and made a little sky background and just cut out some grass by hand and then pop dotted it on there to give it dimension.  You know I LOVE my pop dots!

This cute set is from Hero Arts, but as I said before it's pretty old. I'm not sure if it's even available any more. I think it's pretty darn cute. I would love to say I will try to color it up again using Fall colors, but the chances of me remembering to do are slim to done. I'm not gonna make any promises!
Well that's about it for now.  I'll be back on Thursday with a post for Technique Junkies.  
See ya then! 






No comments:

Post a Comment