May 7, 2015

Happy Mothers Day from Technique Junkies

Today I am sharing a card I did for the Technique Junkies Blog.  With Mothers Day right around the corner I thought I would give you some inspiration for a very Simple but elegant Mother's Day Card. 
Here I've Used two stamps from Technique Junkies, The first is a background stamp called Poppies Large #S597.  This is a beautiful background for any card.  I stamped the bottom 2/3 of my card with this background stamp, leaving a portion at the top,(big enough to accommodate my sentiment).   I stamped my card with Black Distress ink and then embossed it with clear embossing power.  
Next you'll want to stamp your sentiment at the top.  Here I chose a Mother's Day stamp from Holidays-2-flourish-sentiments. There are 8 different sentiments in this set.  Of course you could also do "Happy Birthday" or any sentiment you like.  Next I applied a black ribbon with some redline tape and then I tied a little pink bow and glued it down on top of the ribbon for a pop of color.  I thought maybe a bright yellow would also be pretty too.

Well that's all there is to it!  I like cards that are clean and simple and this one fits that category for sure.  I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day!

Jerri




2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS Jeri - stamping in only on 3/4's of it and then leaving it black - so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Jeri! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete