Jun 18, 2015

Technique Junkies- Apple Bough Inn

I love cute quaint little stamps and I REALLY enjoyed coloring this one!

This adorable stamp from Technique Junkies is called Apple Bough Inn.  I colored the image with my Copic markers.

 I used so many markers I really didn't want to list them all!  I get carried away sometimes lol. I know I used R81, R83 and R85 on the flowers. I used a lot of different shades of green and brown for the tree and leaves and then the sky was a large variety of the BG's and a little tiny bit of R01 to give it a pink hue in the lighter spots.

After I got my stamp colored and matted, it was applied to the card using pop dots. The sentiment stamp used, is a quote from Frida Kahlo called Wings to Fly, This stamp is also available from Technique Junkies.

  The card seemed a little too bright so I rubbed Tim Holtz distress ink on the edges of the card in Tea Dye and a little on the colored image as well to give the overall card an "antique" feel.

I hope this card inspires you to get out your markers or pencils and color a while today.

Have a fantastic day!
Jerri




No comments:

Post a Comment