Jul 30, 2015

Floral Abandon by Technique Junkies

Happy Thursday.

Today I'm sharing a card I made using a couple of stamps from Technique Junkies.

This card was created using a stamp called Floral Abandon.


Here's how I made my card.
  1. I stamped this image on white card stock using a Versamark Ink Pad and used bright green embossing powder.  Once I had the image embossed with my heat tool, I cut it down to a strip that is approximately 1 3/4 in. x 4 3/4 in.  Once I cut out the strip, I matted it on a piece of black card stock cut slightly larger than the embossed piece.  
  2. I stamped the sentiment using another Technique Junkies stamp from a set called Simple Sentiments 2b. This set includes 13 sentiments.  I chose the Thank you stamp for my card. I cut the stamp in half because I wanted to stack the words on top of each other.  I stamped this and then cut it out in a square shape and matted it with the black cardstock just as I did in step 1. 
  3. I found this piece of patterned paper with black and white chevron in my scraps. I thought it would add some POP to the card so I cut a small strip and placed it along the bottom and slightly tucked one end behind my green piece.
  4. To finish up the card, I matted my card piece on a piece of green card stock and then I matted it again on a piece of black card stock.  I added three black gems and called it done!
Well that's it for today.  Be ready to join us at Technique Junkies for a Blog Hop on Saturday August 1st when we'll unveil the new release stamps for August.

Have a fantastic rest of your day!

Jerri

1 comment:

  1. Great use of a busy background stamp - have to put that one in my hat for another day. Happy crafting Jerri :)

    ReplyDelete