Aug 13, 2015

It Seems I Couldn't Love You More....

Happy Thursday!
Wow school started yesterday. Can you believe it?!  That always the first sign that summer is coming to an end. I cannot believe how time flies these days. We are all so busy I guess.
If your time is flying by and you would like another quick and easy card I think I have another one for ya.
Today I am sharing a card I made using a couple of stamps from Technique Junkies.
To make this card, I used the stamp Heart Strip #SD345.  I stamped the hearts onto a piece of patterned paper and then cut them out by hand and then set them aside.
I applied a watercolor technique using Tim Holtz dies on a piece of watercolor paper.  You can get complete instructions on how this technique,and many more are done on the Artistic Effects CD.  For this card, I wet my watercolor paper down with a spray bottle and dabbed the color on with a paint brush. I set it aside to let it dry.  You can reapply color to areas that need more color.
Once you have the watercolor effect looking the way you want, you're ready to make the card.  To make the card above, I stamped the lovely sentiment called I couldn't Love You More #SD409.  Next I applied the hearts I had previously cut out and then using a Copic Multi liner, I drew a free form line around the hearts.  I matted the whole thing on a piece of cardstock. 
I was very happy with the way this card turned out. It also gives you way to use the stamp a bit differently than just stamping it out.  



Have a Wonderful Day.   
Jerri



No comments:

Post a Comment