If you're already following along on the hop, you should have just visited Jane Bosi's Blog. She does AMAZING work! She is so talented and really knows her stuff when it comes to techniques. If you DIDN'T come from Jane's blog then you'll want to make sure you do this right and start at the beginning. The Blog starts at the Technique Junkies Blog. Visit each site for tons of ideas and inspiration. If you get lost along the way, I have listed the blogs in the order of the hop below.
When you get done being inspired, make sure to order your stamps right away because all of the September release stamps are currently 15% off through September 8th. The discount will be visible when you check out at the site.
I created two Christmas cards for the hop today. I know what you're thinking but it will be here before you know it. Why not get those cards ready now before the craziness begins.
- I created some waterpaint using my Tim Holtz Distress Pad. I stamped the pad directly on my craft sheet and then spritzed the stamped are with some water.
- Next I used a paint brush with LONG bristles. A liner brush would be great. I dipped the brush in the green watercolor and then dabbed it on my paper, making sure to use the side of the brush, creating long marks for the tree branch.
- Next I decided I wanted some texture so I mixed some texture paste into the remaining color left on my craft sheet and just applied some paste on top of the branch using my pallet knife.
- I stamped the BEAUTIFUL new stamp Ornament 1 with Versamark Ink and then embossed it using Gold Embossing Powder. This stamp has beautiful detail so a detail powder would be awesome but I didn't have any and mine turned out fine.
- I placed small gemstones on the branches for sparkle.
- I matted this card with a deep red cardstock but dark green would also be beautiful.
Card no. 2
This card is SUPER easy. You could whip a bunch of these out for your friends and family in no time. This card features two of the new Christmas stamps. The tree is from Christmas Trees Set of 6. I LOVE LOVE this set. I simply colored directly on my stamp with my distress markers. Once I had the areas colored in well, I put some warm breath on the stamp right before stamping to make sure the ink was good and moist. The Merry Christmas sentiment is calledMerry Christmas 2. I thought it stamped beautifully using this method. I matted this card using a deep green cardstock but red would be pretty as well. I couldn't decide if I wanted to add bling or not. I finally decided no but I still have time to change my mind hee hee. You could use some of the craft foam between the card front and the colored card stock as well to add some dimension.
Don't forget to check out ALL of the new stamps at Technique Junkies and to take advantage of the sale- Take 15% off all September Release stamps this week.
Your next stop on the hop will be Judy Jackson. She has a lot of talent and a great blog. Make sure you take a look.
Design Team Blog http://techniquejunkies.
Pam DeChellis http://journeyawakensthesoul.
Sally Lynn MacDonald http://www.sallylynnmacdonald.
Beth Norman http://sunflowers-dragonflies.
Jane Bosi http://janembosi.blogspot.com
Jerri Jones http://www.abushelandahug.
blogspot.com YOU ARE HERE
Judy Jackson http://judysstampart.blogspot.
Gini Cagle http://ginicagle.blogspot.com
Marilyn Hughes http://DollsEtc.blogspot.com
Kathy Stacy http://craftynurse4u.
Pat Huntoon http://patstamps.blogspot.com
Thanks for stopping by. Have a FANTASTIC DAY.