Nov 19, 2015

Sunflowers Card

I've been dying to try out a stamp from Technique Junkies called Sunflower Centers


This isn't a new stamp but it's the first time I've used it.  I tried to stamp this on red first but really loved the way it looked on the yellow. To make this card, I simply stamped the sunflower stamp in brown, on a piece of yellow card stock.  I used some watercolor pencils and just a tad bit of water on on a paintbrush, to brush streaks of reddish-brown on the petals of the flower.  Next I used my gold leaf pen to add some streaks of gold on the petals and to add specks of gold in the centers of the flowers too.  I mounted the stamped piece onto some craft foam and then onto a piece of green card stock.  This gives this card some dimension.  It's amazing how the craft foam makes a card look so much more finished and professional.  
To see how I use the craft foam, look back at my post on June 15th.


Well I hope this card inspires you to try a new stamp today.  If you're interested in the Sunflowers stamp shown above, click HERE.

Have an amazing day.
Jerri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fishing Days

Today I was clearing through some things and getting some of my pictures in order.  I came across a card I had made back in March for my son...