Sep 17, 2017

Craft Room Re-do

I recently decided to move my craft room to a different room in my house.  This turned out to be quite a job.

I live in an earth contact, so two of the 4 bedrooms in our house are in the back part and have no windows.  My craft room used to be in one of those rooms.  It was a larger room room but lacked natural light.  You can see pictures of my old craft room space here.





I decided I wanted to turn the larger room (without windows) into a TV/play room for the grandkids, and move my craft room into the smaller room so I would have windows.   I do miss having more work area but haven't regretted the change because I LOVE the natural light.  It's been a challenge trying to find a way to get all my stuff in the smaller room.  After months of trying, I think I have come up with a solution that will be a winner.

I bought an old dresser off of a local "swap and shop".  I painted it with chalk paint and gave it some updated hardware.  Being almost 50 years old, its built with solid wood. As a bonus, two of the drawers have dividers, which is so nice for what I'm using it for.  I think it turned out great.  I am really happy with the outcome.

I though I would share some of the other areas in my room, since it's clean for the moment!

This is my desk where I do most of my marker work.  First I want to talk about the wine racks you see hanging on the wall.  I put all of my Copic markers in these and I love the way it looks and functions.  I saw the idea on Pinterest.  The pinner said she got her wine racks at Target but I couldn't find them there so I got these on Amazon. I think I would like them to be hung closer together but after moving things around several times, my husband was OVER IT, if you know what I mean lol.                                                                  I also updated my chair.  I used to have a stool but I got this chair for a steal at TJ Maxx.  It's comfortable, has the ability to roll,  and I like the way it looks.   

We moved the light from my old craft room into this new room.

The craft shelf was also moved.  Most of the storage containers on the shelf are made from repurposed items.  The pencils at the top of this shelf are in a container that a candle came in.  I am getting two more of these to make a matching set. When it sits on the shelf you don't see the label, but honestly the label doesn't bother me.



The glass jars are repurposed candle jars.  I know the jars on the bottom were purchased at Walmart.  I got them a long time ago so I'm not sure if they still have this style of jar.  Once the candle was gone, I just cleaned out the left over wax with very hot water then ran them through the dishwasher.  



In the picture below I repurposed a Target spice jar, Market Pantry brand.  I use these for smaller items like sequins, googly eyes etc.
My distress markers
are in a repurposed peanut can.  I painted it with gold spray paint and then measured and cut scrapbook paper to wrap around the can.

I bought this little galvanized tray at a flea market.  I've painted it to match my room.  I love the way it looks but quite honestly it doesn't really work. It's too long and takes up too much room on my table.  I think at some point, I am going to sell the tray or find a way to hang it on the wall and get something like this tiered stand from Kirklands to sit on my desk.  I just want to see how much I really need it since it's $50 and I'm on a budget.


Now last I thought I would show you my closet. It's only half as big as the one in my old craft room.   Its not pretty but it is organized.  Making this "pretty" will be another project for another day.

Thanks for letting me show off my latest work I've done here in my craft room.  I hope you've gotten some ideas, or inspiration.  
Have an amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment