Feb 10, 2019

Cue The Confetti

Look at this little cutie I found over on the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog.


I'll be entering this card in the All Dressed Up Monthly Challenge.  You can find information about that challenge HERE and there's still time if you would like to enter.  This cute little image was one of several freebies that you can use to enter the challenge.  However, you will want to make sure and check out all of the wonderful images at All Dressed Up  because they are all so adorable.  

In making this card, I printed this image at the bottom half of my page knowing that I would be folding it in half to make a top folding card. I chose to make the image just slightly taller than the fold so that part of the balloon shows on the backside of the card, as shown below.

 You can watch me color this in my video below.  As I explained in my last blog, I like to use a piece of paper as inspiration for my colors. In this case I found a piece of purple paper that I liked and although it wasn't really patterned, I used it as my inspiration for the color in her dress and then later used it to line the inside of the card.  When putting the purple paper on the inside of the card it was too long but instead of trimming it off, I thought it would add another element of interest to just fold the paper back onto the backside of the card. Once I determined the sentiment for the card,  I knew I had to have confetti.  I used some tiny pieces found in the bottom of a package I had purchased quite a while back and then trimmed some pieces of the confetti into slightly larger shapes so the pieces of  would be more random and not all appear to be the same thing or same size.
Copic used are:
Skin: E04, E11, E00
Dress: V20, V22, V25
Hair E43, E44, E47 


This coloring was a bit of a hot mess but in the end my card turned out pretty cute, which only proves my theory that you should keep working on a project even if you make a mistake. Just keep working with it.  In the end you may be surprised how well it turns out and if you still don't like it, consider it as good practice. Also, I find that I am able to fix a lot of things with colored pencils after I am done with my Copic Markers.  I can add finer details and clean up area's that need it.



Thanks for visiting my blog today and watching my video. Have a great day!


10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Thank you for the fab links to All Dressed Up and I’m thrilled you love the images.
    Good luck in the blog challenge and hope you will keep playing along with us! Liz (:(|)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind compliments! I love all the images. It makes it hard to choose which one to do next!

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! And your colouring fantastic! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at at All Dressed Up Stamps Challenge. Hugs Neva

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute and brilliant confetti! I also like how part of the balloon is on the other side of the card, that looks so cool.
    Thank you for joining us at the All Dressed Up challenge and I hope you come back again soon.
    Marilyn S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the kind words! I will be back for sure. I love the images. They are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So completely adorable! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at All Dressed Up Stamps. Pam~DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jerri - this is such a pretty card and this cutie looks quite grown up in her purpley/grey dress. Great idea to sprinkle confetti over the card too! Thanks for joining in the fun at All Dressed Up this time.
    Hugs, Helen (ADU DT)

    ReplyDelete