Dec 13, 2012

Christmas Gift Tags Using Repurposed Business Cards

Well it is that time of year when things start to get REALLY crazy!  Shopping, wrapping, cooking, baking and then when you mix in all of the party events............. well ya know! I recently lost my job due to a company merger.  This has given me a "little" bit more time AND a  WHOLE box of business cards that will NOT be used. LOL!     I was trying to find some way to use these. I really try hard to repurpose items when I can. I decided to use some for gift tags.




 I made some with pictures and some with names. I have included  several examples but the sky is the limit. I was in a time crunch to get mine done but I think you could really get creative. I may try out some other ideas when things calm down a bit.

I used two business cards for each gift tag.  I glued the fronts of the cards together giving me blank sides on the front and back of the tag.  For the picture tags I printed them out on regular printer paper and  applied them to the tag using a thin layer of Mod Podge. Once dry I applied another coat to cover the photo and give it a finished look.  When the tag is completely dry I punched a hole in the top of the tag and used an eyelet to give it a finished look.  I think they turned out really great.  I put their name on the back too.  I also used some distress ink on some of these to give them an aged look.
On the name tags I just printed their name out using my printer in a size that would fit on the tag.  I then attached to the tag using a thin layer of Mod Podge. I set these under my craft light for quicker drying time.  I embellished the names using a variety of things but I thought the Liquid Pearls by Ranger did well.  Once the Liquid Pearls was dry I applied another thin layer of Mod Podge over the top and then allowed it to dry once again.




 Hope you give this a shot some time.  If you do please share your ideas!  Happy wrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment