Mar 5, 2014

March Birthday Card

I wonder........... do people with March birthday's get tired of getting cards associated with St. Patrick's Day??  I know people with December birthday's want "birthday" wrap and not Christmas themed wrapping paper. Maybe it's a stretch for me to guess that perhaps March birthday's would like something on their birthday card other than GREEN or shamrocks, oh well. Here goes nothin'.

This card is being entered into the challenge on Muse  The challenge is to use bold colors and lots of white space.  Click on the link above to check out all the great  I struggle with cards for men and usually stick to something simple  This challenge provides a perfect opportunity to create a simple card for my son's birthday.  
How did I do it?    The digital stamp was a freebie from  Bluebird Flats.   I printed and cut out the stamp and then matted it on a piece of red card stock that was punched out with my circle punch.  I had a piece of scrap paper with bold colored stripes on it, so I used my scissors to cut it into a simple flag.that The stamp image was attached to the striped flag with a pop dot.  I used a background in plain white card stock ( I use Georgia Pacific from Wal-mart).  I also used my Scor-Pal to create score lines above and below the flag. I felt like it still needed some color but wanted to keep the white space large so I mounted the whole thing on a piece of navy card stock.  I hope my birthday boy likes his card !


No comments:

Post a Comment