Apr 16, 2015

Graduation Gift Card Holder

Happy Thursday!
Today I am sharing a card that I designed for the Design Junkies.  If you haven't checked out their blog then do so. You will be inspired with new creations by the design team daily.

Graduation is around the corner.  Can you believe it?!  What I can't believe is that my niece is graduating. Sheesh I feel old. 
I created a card that would hold a gift card but would also give me space to write a nice message on the inside.    

I love this stamp!I also loved coloring it.  My colored pencils were feeling left out so I put them to good use on this card. Don't fret... if coloring isn't your thing I have another trick up my sleeve for using this stamp in another way on my next post.

 The Technique Junkies stamps I used on this card are Darling Blooms and congratulations from the Holidays-1-flourish-sentiments set-of-7.


Here's how I made my card.
  • Stamp the Darling Blooms using Versafine (black) and clear embossing powder.  
  • Heat your design with a heat tool to set the embossing.
  • Once the design is cool, color in the flowers using any colors you like.  I used Prismacolor pencils but you could use whatever method you prefer.
  • Cut out the colored image and stitch around the 3 straight edges with a sewing machine.
  • Put redline tape on the back of your colored image, but only on the three straight edges.  The 4th edge with be the open part of your pocket. Stick this to your cardfront.
  • Purchase or create a tag that has dimensions to fit inside the pocket you have created.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to make the tag shown.  
  • Embellish your tag by sewing around the edge if desired and putting a ribbon in the hole of the tag.
  • Stamp your Congratulations sentiment on white card stock and attach it to your card using a pop dot.
  • Attach any gift card to the tag using repositionable tape, then slide the tag into the pocket.
You can click on the links above to go directly to the stamps used on my card or go to Techniquejunkies.com to look at all of the wonderful stamps they have available.


I hope this inspires you to get a jump on your graduation cards. Have a great day.

Jerri


No comments:

Post a Comment