Jul 16, 2015

Technique Junkies-Layered Feathers Card

Happy Thursday!
I hope you are having a great week.  This is my first week back to the working world.  I'm trying to find my routine.  Boy do I miss those grandbabies, but we are all adjusting to our new schedules just fine.

Today I'm sharing a card I made using a stamp from Technique Junkies.

The name of this stamp is Layered Feathers.  I think it's beautiful. I have a few other ideas on how I can use this stamp. I think I'm going to play around and see what else I can create.    
Here's how I made this card.

  1. Find a piece of patterned paper that has the color you want to be the main focus of your card.  I chose a beautiful turquoise blue with muted white diagonal stripes.  
  2. Stamp the Layered Feathers stamp onto the colored paper with a Versamark ink pad.
  3. Sprinkle on white embossing powder, Shake off excess and heat with a heat tool.
  4. Using a Spellbinders die, cut out a square shape. (make sure it is large enough to accommodate the sentiment stamp you are using.
  5. On a piece of white cardstock, stamp your sentiment.  I used another Technique Junkies stamp called Hope is the Thing.  
  6. Glue the sentiment piece behind the window you cut out with the die.
  7. In this step you could use whatever you have on hand for embellishment.  I had some stips of paper left over and fashioned an arrow out of them by just cutting it out by hand.  I used some Diamond Glaze on top of the arrow to give it a shine. I also punched out a small heart and placed it in the window with the sentiment.
  8. Matt your piece onto a white card base.
I really love the way this card turned out and I hope you do too.  If you have any questions just let me know.

Have a great day!


Jerri



No comments:

Post a Comment