I hope you are having a great week. This is my first week back to the working world. I'm trying to find my routine. Boy do I miss those grandbabies, but we are all adjusting to our new schedules just fine.
Today I'm sharing a card I made using a stamp from Technique Junkies.
The name of this stamp is Layered Feathers. I think it's beautiful. I have a few other ideas on how I can use this stamp. I think I'm going to play around and see what else I can create.
Here's how I made this card.
- Find a piece of patterned paper that has the color you want to be the main focus of your card. I chose a beautiful turquoise blue with muted white diagonal stripes.
- Stamp the Layered Feathers stamp onto the colored paper with a Versamark ink pad.
- Sprinkle on white embossing powder, Shake off excess and heat with a heat tool.
- Using a Spellbinders die, cut out a square shape. (make sure it is large enough to accommodate the sentiment stamp you are using.
- On a piece of white cardstock, stamp your sentiment. I used another Technique Junkies stamp called Hope is the Thing.
- Glue the sentiment piece behind the window you cut out with the die.
- In this step you could use whatever you have on hand for embellishment. I had some stips of paper left over and fashioned an arrow out of them by just cutting it out by hand. I used some Diamond Glaze on top of the arrow to give it a shine. I also punched out a small heart and placed it in the window with the sentiment.
- Matt your piece onto a white card base.
I really love the way this card turned out and I hope you do too. If you have any questions just let me know.
Have a great day!