Nov 9, 2013

Upcycled Photo Plaque

I was looking through some things and came across a little project I did a while back that I thought I would share. 
We had our home on a Christmas home tour and I was working on a wall that I wanted to put some "Winter" pictures on. 

These wooden plaques were found in a thrift store. They had something printed on them. They were ugly and outdated. I painted over the plaques with acrylic paint and let it dry. I printed the pictures and placed them on the plaques.  I used Mod Podge and put a light coat over the top and let it dry. I used the matte type of Mod Podge because I was afraid the glossy would create too much glare.   I thought they came out really cute.  At the time I used brown ribbon to hang the plaques but you could also use burlap or even rope.  I got lots of compliments on the wall hangings and it cost me almost nothing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment