Nov 25, 2013

Christmas Fairy Card

Today I am posting a card that will be entered into the  A Day for Daisies  challenge #83, "Add Some Gold".  Obviously the challenge was to use gold. 

I really wanted to turn the fairy image into a Christmas card so I paper pieced her wings and dress using the the ONLY gold shiny paper I could find.  I must have a zillion sheets of paper but why is it that I never have the one I need??  Woe is me......  The problems of a crafter. LOL!

I used the fairy image provided by A Day for Daisies ( isn't she sweet).  I colored her skin, hair, flowers and tights with my Copics. I printed the image twice more on my gold paper.  I had to print it twice because I wanted to give her wings a 3 dimensional look.  I cut the wings out of the gold twice. I glued the first set of wings on the image itself and then the second set was "pop dotted" ( that is proper grammar in my world) above the first set.  I took this picture at an angle so you can hopefully see what I mean.  Then I cut the dress out in gold and glued it onto the image.  The branch and star were part of a clear stamp set from Hero Arts.  I used my gold metallic chalk to color in the star and the radiant light around it. I could have used my copics for this but I just couldn't seem to get the color right so that it matched her dress.   I embossed the branch with gold embossing powder and then colored it in with my distress marker and then put some little red berry dots around the branch. The Twinkle stamp is another Hero Arts stamp but it is from a wooden set that I have had forever. 
This was a really simple card and I thought she turned out super cute. 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment