You might remember my tags I made last year with the kids photo's. I used my old business cards to make gift tags. You can find them HERE. Well my granddaughter asked if I would have pictures on my gifts again this year. How can I tell her no?? I didn't have any of the business cards left over so in a panic I ran to Walmart, which is really my only close option. I found some little wooden circles or discs. There were 6 in a package and I think mine were about 3" in size.
I thought they turned out pretty cute! Same basic process as was used on the business cards but the step by step on how I did it is below.
2. This step can be skipped but I was wanting a more finished look so I dry brushed a little paint on the back to give the wood a sort of antiqued look. (sorry no picture). I also used a gold pen to finish the little side of the disc. I just ran my pen around the edge so it didn't look like bare wood.
3. Print your picture or image in a size to fit your disc. I used plain copy or printer paper.
4. Cut your image out in a circle shape as close as possible to the size of your disc. I used my Silhouette to do this but you could use any circle cutter or you could also use a glass and trace around it and then cut it out by hand.
5. Lay your photo on top of the disc. Find the hole in your wooden disc and mark that spot on your photo. Next use a hole punch and punch a small hole out of your photo where you marked.
6. Paint a thin coat of Mod Podge (I used Matte) on the disc.
7. Place your photo on the disc and make sure you line the holes up.
8. Smooth the photo out, trying to remove all air bubbles. I would let this dry for a few minutes.
9. Brush a thin coat of Mod Podge over the top of your image. Let it dry.
10. Brush a second coat of Mod Podge over your image.
11. Once dry you can put a string through the hole and hang it on you package.I found my string at Walmart too. I actually found mine in the section with the beads. It had a pretty glittery gold string running through it.
On to my card. I recently won the cutest stamp set from Lia Stampz. Wow does she have some cute digital images! I wanted to make my cards using this set but.... well I didn't find time to get cards made. I did however make one card using the set just so you can see how cute they are. Click on her link above to check them out.
these are the colors I used for my image above.
Have a Merry Christmas!