Jun 4, 2015

Old Friends- Distress Ink Watercolor technique

Happy Thursday!
Today I am sharing another card I created for Technique Junkies.




I made this card using a really cool Technique Junkies stamp called Old Friends and a process called Distress Stain Watercoloring.

By using distress inks and stains with water and a paintbrush, you can easily get a watercolor effect. The shading is done for you with this stamp, all you need to do is color it in.  I did make some areas darker by adding a second layer of ink, once the first layer is dry. You can also make areas lighter by blotting them with a paper towel.  You may want to play with it a few times to get the hang of it. If you're impatient you can use a heat tool to dry the card between layers. I was feeling creative so I added some clouds and a couple of birds in the sky.

Because you use water with this technique you will want to use a solvent ink like Stazon or Archival Ink and you'll want to do this on watercolor paper. You can get step-by-step instructions on how to do Distress Stain Watercoloring on the Artistic Effects CD.

I used a Tim Holtz Distress ink pad in Tea Dye and with an applicator tool, I went around the edges to give it an aged look.

I really hope you give this technique a try. I love the way it turned out and it was a lot of fun. If you have any questions just let me know and I will be glad to answer them.

Have a wonderful day.


Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment