Dec 18, 2013

Christmas in a Jar- Homemade Snow Globes

Just a last minute easy-to-do decorating idea for Christmas.
I had found some small Christmas tree's at Wal-mart, in the section with the small Christmas Village displays.  I think they were around $2.00 I purchased them and had the idea of making snow globes.
I glued the little tree inside of the jar lid using a waterproof adhesive.   At this point if you wanted to make the snow globe you could add some distilled water with a few drops of glycerin (not too much). Add some glitter and then make sure you place the lid on tight. Voila! you have a snow globe. I liked the way mine looked without the water so I decided to just keep mine as is.  

This would also make a great kid craft if you could find the right things to place inside.  Keep an eye out for any kind of ornament or small figurine that is waterproof.  Have fun!

Have a great day!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment