Dec 24, 2013

Zigzag Afghan

So I finally finished my Zigzag Afghan and wanted to share it with you.

This was my first attempt and it was so easy. I crocheted this blanket however there are TONS of patterns on the web for crocheting and knitting.  I would suggest you look around because there are some really great plays with patterns and colors.  I knew I didn't want to use expensive yarn as this was my first attempt and also because I wanted something we could use a lot and wash often without having to dry clean.  I just used cheap yarn purchased at Wal-Mart.  This somewhat limited me to the colors I could use.
As I said, there are tons of free patterns out there but I can give you a quick description of how I made this one. The dimensions of mine are roughly 57" x 68". This will vary based on your crochet style and the number of rows you decide to make.
Hook size used for mine - I

Row 1 Chain  243

Row 2 SC in 2nd stitch from hook, * SC in each of the next 14 chains, 3 SC in next chain, SC in each of the next 14 chains, Skip 1 chain, repeat from * across ending with the skip one stitch, SC in last stitch, chain 1, turn your work over.

Row 3 work in the back loop of your stitches--SC in the first SC, Skip one SC,  * SC in each of the next 14 SC's, 3 SC's in the next SC, SC in each of the next 14 SC's, Skip 2 stitches, repeat from * across ending last repeat with skip one SC, SC in last stitch, chain 1, turn your work over.

Repeat Row 3 throughout, working 8 more rows in this color for a total of 10 before switching to a new color. Do this until you reach the desired length.
If you have any questions let me know.


Have a great Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment